Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm in LOVE

Ran: 3 miles in 24:08. Jogged another mile home in 9:00

I borrowed my friend Bianca's new Garmin forerunner 205 while she went to Yoga to the People this evening. I went out down the usual path along the East River in Manhattan.



I'm in LOVE with the Garmin, I really hope my parents get me the Garmin 305 that I asked for for my birthday in June!

It was great to be able to see my pace and the distance. It really pushed me to make it to the next mile and keep my pace down.

The Garmin also helped me realize that these days I naturally jog at about a 9 minute mile and my all out run is a little under a 7 minute mile. I run my 3 mile runs at about 7:50-8:00 minute miles.

I'm thrilled by all this, because I kind of just assumed I ran a 10 minute mile all the time! Maybe because on the treadmill at the gym I don't run very fast. I'm not sure!

My goal for the triathlon was to run the 4 mile run at an 8 minute mile, but I think I'm going to revise my goal to run it in under 30 minutes...so around a 7:30 minute mile.... that may change if my time continues to improve.

^^ I'm obviously thrilled about it pre-run :)

This Garmin may be my new favorite piece of "gear" for running/exercising.

What's your favorite piece of gear for exercise?

1 comment:

  1. If you get a new one, your old garmin can find rest somewhere over in atl.... I'm running with a beat-up target watch but I still love it. something about a runner and her watch (I guess we don't have much else to love; watches and shoes) happy very early birthday just-in-case
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete